Monday, June 7, 2010

PLE Short Rundown

Thankyou to all who have participated in some way or another to this blog and my associated wiki over the course of this semester. This has been my first blog and I have found it invaluable in collecting in one online environment my thoughts and related resources to, not only material pertaining to the Flexible Learning Environments subject, but also material, videos, quotes and artwork that I find interesting and inspiring in general. During the course of the semester I have had to master technological skills that I had not previously used in my previous educational experience and this PLE helped serve and a focal point for several of these skills. Particularly helpful was the capacity to embed video clips from Youtube, as this was the method we used in our VLE peer review to post instructional videos we made onto the blog after we had created them and uploaded them onto Youtube. The ability to have everything linked together on this PLE, as well as this PLE linked to other blogs and wiki's, is definitely an important skill for educators of the future, and I plan on continuing to maintain this blog as well as my wiki into the future. This blog has been used mainly as a resource centre for all the interesting material I have found over the semester, as well as to serve as a working link to colleagues PLE's. It is great to be able to collect online resources all in one place and to have easy and convenient access to everything everybody else is doing. The wiki I created, whose link can be found in a previous post on this blog, is designed to serve as a repository for ideas and information related to the interface between Geometry and Art in Education. This is something I am passionately interested in and I hope that in the future the knowledge and skills I have gained in this subject will enable the sharing of resources by an online community of students and educators with like-minded values and goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment